A glimpse into the Mind of Adam Sill
"Never forget what you are. For surely the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." -Tyrion Lannister

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sword and Shield
















Foolish are my thoughts
For they Lead me astray.
I wish not be bound by this moral law.
I want to be free, too laugh and to play

I sat in awe of your glory and love
Then I left to fight on the battlefield
To serve and to conquer in your holy name
But it seems I forgot my Sword and My Shield

Torn to shreds by the enemy's claws
I tried to fight them off on my own
But their Fury overpowered my defense
And now I've disgraced your glorious throne.

Repent! Repent! Lord, I Repent!
For I can't carry on without your consent!
I'll open my heart and I'll let you in
So I can feel your love once again.

I wave goodbye to the things I once knew
As I once again approach the battlefield
What I say and do must glorify you
For you shall be my sword and my shield

Wise are my thoughts
For they lead me towards you
I discipline my mind so as to not waver
You are my Lord, my Councillor, my Father

Now as I face the enemy
He tries to tear my down
But through your glory and honor
I will carry your crown

Victorious! Victorious! Lord, I am Victorious!
Though I could not do it without you
For you are glorious
Your words and commandments forever reign true

I have survived the Battlefield
For you, my God, are my Sword and Shield.

1 comment:

  1. good job adam, this poem is very well done and you can tell it is from the heart. Good poetry does not mimic, it is pure, and it flows naturally, it does not try, it simply is. you have succeeded in finding a voice of truth in this poem... good job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...