A glimpse into the Mind of Adam Sill
"Never forget what you are. For surely the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." -Tyrion Lannister

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Feasting on Failures


Madness, chaos and despair entreating
At the place where my burdens are buried,
Where now, it seems, all hope is fleeting.
And, far away, my love has been carried.

Stuck in the facade, the staging of life,
Exit all grace, all mercy, all remission,
And enter all rage, all vengeance, all strife,
To burden me with the weight of their sin.

Feasting on failures and scapegoats inside,
I harden my heart to the ones I once knew,
Daring not to look inward, out of sheer pride,
I have somehow forgotten, 'to thine own self be true'

But then she came like a wave in the sea,
And I, a mere fish to be crushed beneath,
To be washed by all of her love and mercy.
You took my sword, and showed it its sheath.

All burdens in check, in unwavering repent,
You showed me grace, that grace I'd forgot.
And here I thought all love had been spent,
But how to hold a grudge, you know not.

Feasting on failures and dressing each wound,
You soften my heart to the ones I once knew.
Now in me, the enemy, marooned.
I now have found love, for in love, I found you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...